Unlike many other companies delivering the similar services, SHAW is in a unique position with the location and size of our facilities which enable us to offer a comprehensive range of marine services for projects small and large.
Where possible, we work with local suppliers and ensure that they are committed to reducing their environmental impact of products and transportation.
Some of our environmental practices include:
- Minimising any adverse effects on the environment from work activities carried out by our equipment and employees
- Having regular contact with employees to re-iterate the need to consider the near and far environments when carrying out work activities
- Liaising with all clients on the most effective methods of working that minimise any potential adverse effects on the environment
- Considering all people, organisations and others who may be affected by any work activities carried out.
- Make efficient use of natural resources by conserving energy and water, minimizing waste, and recycling where possible
- Meeting our duty of care requirements in relation to waste by ensuring the safe keeping, transportation and subsequent recovery or disposal of waste
- Using recycled construction materials whenever these can be commercially justified
- Keeping transport use to a minimum and regularly service vehicles to maintain their efficiency.