Queen Elizabeth II Bridge
Client: Highways England, Freyssinet Ltd, Jacksons, COWI
Project: Queen Elizabeth II Bridge
Longitudinal Restaint Project
Why SHAW Manufacturing
With all bridge projects SHAW Manufacturing follows a first time approch and seeks out opportunities to replicate and simulate key details, ensuring our employees are trained and ready to execute site operations safely and correctly.
- Establish datums and reference points to allow precision execution.
- Reduce possible errors to an absolute minimum.
- Ability to test and and determine correctness and varify competence.
- Able to provide assurance that tasks can be done within planned road closures when required.
Longitudinal Restaint Project, which included:
- Survey, Detailed Drawings, Fabrication, Painting and Installation;
- Four complex restraint assemblies (fully machined) approx 4T each and install to the underside of the main girders either side of the main bearing;
- Manufacture of drilling jigs, 144 drilled holes through 140mm thk. main girder flange, specialist handling equipment designed bespoke to ensure safe installation works.
Site Welding and Fabrication
- Site survey and population of interface drawings.
- Site welding and fabrication in accordance with NHSS 20, BS EN ISO 1090 Execution class 4, ISO 3834-2, Series 1800 Structural Steelwork.
- Over 100 mobilisations to site. Over 15,000 holes marked and drilled at site. Over 800T of steelwork installed.