River Ouse M62 Bridge
Client: Highways England, A1+, Freyssinet Ltd, Jacobs Costain
Project: River Ouse M62 Bridge
Bearing Replacement Scheme, 2 year project completed ahead of schedule, 208 bearings, 800T of permanent steelwork fabricated and installed also 250T of temporary works. Over 15,000 bolt holes.
Why SHAW Manufacturing
With all bridge projects SHAW Manufacturing follows a first time approch and seeks out opportunities to replicate and simulate key details, ensuring our employees are trained and ready to execute site operations safely and correctly.
- Establish datums and reference points to allow precision execution.
- Reduce possible errors to an absolute minimum.
- Ability to test and and determine correctness and varify competence.
- Able to provide assurance that tasks can be done within planned road closures when required.
Bearing Replacement Scheme comprising:
- Removal of existing welded taper packing plates.
- Bespoke jig assemblies fixing the bearing hole patterns (3d modeling clash checks to ensure).
- Supply of taper plates, fixings to NHSS 3, coating to NHSS 19A, stainless steel tapered washers, etc.
- Over 250 bearing locations executed first time.
A two year project completed ahead of schedule.