SHAW Manufacturing Provides Bespoke Pig Launcher and Receiver for the Iraq Crude Oil Export Expansion Project
Client: T.D. Williamson
Project: Crude Oil Export Expansion
SHAW Manufacturing was contracted by T.D. Williamson to design, procure materials, fabricate and manufacture a topside pig launcher and receiver for Leighton Oils Crude Oil Export Expansion Project in Iraq.
- T.D. Williamson required SHAW Manufacturing to design a topside 48” x 52” pig launcher and pig receiver to maintain pipelines and safely transport products.
- The launcher and receiver needed to be delivered on time and within budget to the distant oil project.
Why SHAW Manufacturing
- SHAW Manufacturing have over 80 years of combined experience in supplying pipeline solutions to oil and gas projects across the globe.
- With facilities spanning 56,000 sq ft, SHAW Manufacturing possess the capabilities to supply a bespoke and full turnkey service from design to delivery for clients.
- Working alongside an extensive portfolio of high profile oil and gas clients, SHAW Manufacturing’s solutions have been used on some of the biggest energy projects worldwide.
- Fully certified to ISO 9001:2015 standards, SHAW Manufacturing operates in accordance with the highest standards in the industry.
- With extensive experience, SHAW Manufacturing delivered its leading procurement services to obtain high quality materials at low cost to the client.
- SHAW Manufacturing’s highly experienced design teams were able to design the 48” x 52” topside pig launchers and receivers to client specifications.
- The engineering team were able to use their knowledge and precision expertise to fabricate and manufacture the products at the company’s extensive Teesside facilities.
- Successful end to end completion of the required product, meeting deadlines and adhering to set budgets.
- Providing a full in-house service, SHAW Manufacturing provided a time and cost efficient solution to the client.
- SHAW Manufacturing created a high quality pig launcher and pig receiver which has a lifespan of up to 25 years requiring little to no maintenance.