SHAW Manufacturing Manufacture Bespoke Products for Genesis Oil and Gas
Client: Genesis Oil and Gas
Project: Nexen’s Buzzard Platform
Aberdeen based company, Genesis Oil and Gas, required subsea pig launchers and pig receivers to be designed, manufactured and tested, and then deployed by Subsea 7 for the North Sea Nexen’s Buzzard Platform Project.
- Genesis Oil and Gas required 12” pig launchers and receivers to be manufactured for subsea use.
- The products needed to work with the existing pipe structure in place to allow for safe transportation of the product.
- Once manufactured the solutions required rigorous subsea trials to ensure they were fit for purpose and met industry standards.
- The products needed to adhere to strict budgets and timescales.
Why SHAW Manufacturing
- Over 80 years of combined experience of delivering high quality fabrication and manufacturing services to the very highest standards.
- Extensive portfolio working with high profile oil and gas clients on major projects across the globe.
- SHAW Manufacturing has the capabilities to provide a bespoke and turnkey service where all products are tailor made to specifications.
- With exceptional facilities SHAW Manufacturing has the capabilities to mimic subsea trials in-house.
- SHAW Manufacturing operates in accordance and is fully certified to ISO 9001:2015 standards.
- SHAW Manufacturing was able to use its strong buying power in the supply chain to procure materials of the highest quality meeting the client’s budget.
- The experienced engineering team at SHAW Manufacturing applied their extensive skills to fabricate and manufacture the products in accordance with client requirements and industry set standards.
- Extensive subsea trials were mimicked at SHAW Manufacturing’s impressive facilities.
- Projects were successfully completed to strict specifications set out by the client.
- The products were able to seamlessly integrate with the existing pipeline structures already in place with quick and easy installation.
- Possessing the necessary skills and capabilities of being able to mimic subsea trials in house saved money as well as time with everything being done under one roof. This meant all products were delivered on time and within budget.